A LPP LAW FREE RESOURCE : E-GUIDES
Starting and Managing a Business in Malaysia
Key steps to creating a proper legal foundation for your business
Topics in the e-Guide
- Things to consider before starting your business
- Which business entity should you choose?
- How to fund your business?
- What kind of licenses are required?
- What kind of basic governing documents are needed?
- Other legal agreements
- How to regulate employment issues?
- What are the taxes payable?
- Other compliance and reporting obligations
- How to protect intellectual property rights
The Malaysian Government has relaxed many rules and opened up the government policies to make Malaysia a preferred destination for doing business, so much so that Malaysia is ranked as No.2 in terms of ease of doing business in ASEAN, as reported by the World Bank’s Doing Business Report 2019.
This e-guide briefly sets out the key steps to creating a proper legal foundation for your business which includes picking the right entity, getting the right licenses, using the right agreements, registering and paying your taxes, handling employment matters to protecting your intellectual property.