HELLO, I AM
DAPHNE SIT WEI JING
HELLO, I AM
SIT WEI JING
Get to know
Daphne holds a Bachelor of Laws degree from King’s College London and was admitted as an Advocate and Solicitor of the High Court of Malaya in 2020. She is an Associate in the Firm’s Corporate and Commercial Department.
Prior to joining the Firm, Daphne completed her pupillage at Messrs. Mah-Kamariyah & Philip Koh with an emphasis in corporate and commercial matters, wherein she had the opportunity to actively participate in various corporate fundraising exercises and capital market transactions such as initial public oﬀerings (IPOs) and rights issuance.
Being conscientious, committed and passionate, Daphne values the work she does and is committed to putting her best efforts to do what is best for clients. Daphne understands that as a corporate lawyer, she has to constantly hone her skills and improve her legal knowledge so that she can become a competent lawyer to help clients to solve legal problems and to even foresee potential pitfalls before they become a problem.
Daphne won the prestigious Malaysian Law Scholarship awarded by the University of London in 2015 for being the top-performing first-year law student in Malaysia, which gave her the privilege to complete her LL.B. degree at King’s College London, one of the top law schools in the UK.
Apart from law, Daphne has a great fondness for music. In her spare time, she enjoys singing, fashion and travelling. She is also quite an accomplished pianist, holding an Advanced Performance Certificate of Trinity College London and an Associate in Piano Solo Recital, Trinity College London (ATCL – Diploma).
LL.B. (Hons) King’s College London
Certificate in Legal Practice (CLP)
BAR & COURT ADMISSIONS
Kuala Lumpur Bar
High Court of Malaya
Learn how you can build a partnership with us to achieve your organization's objectives!
FIRST CONSULTATION ABSOLUTELY FREE!
- Wong & Partners
- David Gurupatham & Koay
- Mah-Kamariyah & Philip Koh
- Gan, Lee & Tan
Mergers & Acquisitions, General Corporate Advisory
- Drafted and negotiated various commercial agreements for deals of all sizes, ranging from deals involving start-ups to big corporations worth hundreds of millions of dollars.
- Assisted primarily with matters relating to corporate and commercial matters.
- Assisted start-up companies to raise capital via a licenced equity crowdfunding platform by preparing the necessary fundraising legal documentation and advising on crowdfunding legal issues.
- Assisted in drafting and preparing legal due diligence reports and various due diligence documents.
- Assisted in reviewing and revising the draft constitution of a public limited company.
- Assisted with the preparation of necessary documents for the incorporation of a company, preparation of board resolutions, issuance of share certificates to shareholders and the maintenance of statutory books, registers and minutes of the meetings.
Capital Market & Securities
- Conducted due diligence review work in connection with a number of proposed exercises such as IPO for listings on the Main Market and ACE Market of Bursa Malaysia and rights issue of new ordinary shares with free detachable warrants in sectors such as maritime, manufacturing, property development and home and electrical appliances, and assisted in preparing IPO prospectus and other key legal documents as part of the legal due diligence process.
- Conducted due diligence review work in connection with, inter alia, 3 initial public offering (IPO) exercises for listings on the Main Market of Bursa Malaysia, 2 rights issue of new ordinary shares/ stocks with free detachable warrants exercises and the establishment and listing of a Real Estate Investment Trust (REIT).
- Attended verification meetings with the partners and senior lawyers and prepared minutes.
- Assisted in reviewing prospectuses and compiling source documents as part of verifying the disclosure made in the prospectuses.
- Conducted research on Malaysian legislation and regulations in relation to prospectuses and assisted in preparing compliance checklists for the prospectuses based on the guidelines of Securities Commission Malaysia for the due diligence exercises.
- Drafted, reviewed and advised companies on the enhancement of their anti-bribery and anti-corruption policies and internal practices in general for compliance with the Malaysian laws, especially pursuant to the introduction of the new Section 17A of the MACC Act 2009.
- Carried out research work on case law and legislation through Lexis Nexis and other research materials as part of assisting in legal opinions to clients, e.g. on matters involving the Anti-Money Laundering, Anti-Terrorism Financing and Proceeds of Unlawful Activities Act 2001 and the Personal Data Protection Act 2010.
- Assisted in the drafting of letters of demand for cases concerning the recovery of rent, debt and land title.
- Assisted in the drafting of witness statement for a criminal case.
- Assisted in the drafting of cause papers for a joint petition.
- Assisted in the preparation of letters of demand and winding up notice for an insolvency case.
- Tasked with assisting associates on legal research works for civil and criminal cases and other legal advisory matters related to corporate and commercial issues.
- “Social Media Laws in Malaysia”, International Social Media Association (contributor), to be published in 2021
- “The New Normal from Covid-19 Pandemic: Embrace Legal Technology and Innovation”, Asian Legal Business, July 2020 (co-author)