HELLO, I AM
NEOH JIA SHERN
HELLO, I AM
NEOH JIA SHERN
Get to know
He also has a background in dealing with matters relating to cybersecurity, data protection, conveyancing, regulatory licensing, employment, and banking and financing documentations.
Jia Shern firmly believes that differences or conflicts when it comes to business should be resolved in the conference room, and not the court room. He does his level best to understand his clients’ business interests, and will not rest until their corporate and commercial needs are met.
In his free time, he keeps himself up to date with the latest developments of the business world and the law. He enjoys physically and intellectually stimulating activities, and involves himself with pro bono and charity work from time to time. He is an avid fan of the outdoors and enjoys camping under the stars, and while he is currently focused on honing his craft as a corporate lawyer, he hopes to do more of that when he is taking a break from assisting with clients’ legal needs.
Prior to joining the Firm, Jia Shern completed his pupillage and was retained in the corporate, commercial and M&A department of an award-winning boutique law firm in Petaling Jaya. Jia Shern had also previously completed internship stints at several notable law firms in the Klang Valley during his studies, and was attached as a paralegal in the corporate and conveyancing department of one of the biggest law firms in Penang before commencing his Bar Professional Training Course in the UK.
LL.B. (Hons) University of Leeds, UK
Bar Professional Training Course (BPTC)
BAR & COURT ADMISSIONS
Kuala Lumpur Bar
High Court of Malaya
Barrister-at-Law, Honourable Society of the Middle Temple
Learn how you can build a partnership with us to achieve your organization's objectives!
FIRST CONSULTATION ABSOLUTELY FREE!
- ZICO Law
- Thomas Philip, Advocates & Solicitors
- Ghazi & Lim
- Gan, Lee & Tan
Mergers & Acquisitions
- Assisted in conducting buyer’s legal due diligence, negotiations, giving advice, and preparing the legal documentation in relation to the proposed acquisition of shares and license of an established local logistics company by a foreign-owned logistics technology platform with a strong presence across Southeast Asia.
- Assisted in negotiations, giving preliminary advice and preparing the legal documentation in relation to the proposed acquisition of the entire assets and business of an established automotive parts manufacturing business, owned and operated by a subsidiary of a Malaysian public listed company.
- Assisted in conducting buyers’ legal due diligence, negotiations, giving advice, and preparing the legal documentation in relation to the proposed acquisition of the shares of a local media, marketing and communications company by a local investment solutions company.
Legal Due Diligence
- Assisted in the preparation of a legal due diligence report on an insurance and re-insurance company based in Labuan to be used for a proposed IPO listing by its parent company based in China.
Joint Ventures/ Collaboration Agreements
- Assisted in the negotiation, drafting and advising on an incorporated joint venture agreement in relation to the expansion and establishment of a Southeast Asian influencer marketing platform in Malaysia (which already has a presence in Singapore, Thailand, Vietnam and Indonesia).
- Assisted in the negotiation, drafting and advising on an incorporated joint venture agreement in relation to the establishment of a chain of outlets for the distribution, sales and service of household and vehicle cleaning products in the Klang Valley.
- Assisted in the negotiation, drafting and advising on a collaboration agreement in relation to the establishment, management and operation of vocational education programs (diploma course and short-term course) with a registered vocational higher learning institute in the Klang Valley on aquaculture (marine and aquaponics systems).
- Assisted in the drafting and advising on a contractual joint venture agreement in relation to the establishment, management and operation of an online steamboat door-to-door delivery service platform in the Klang Valley and in selected regions in Peninsular Malaysia.
- Assisted in the reviewing and drafting of a contractual joint venture agreement in relation to the establishment, management and operation of a greenhouse farming project in the Klang Valley.
- Assisted in the reviewing and drafting of a contractual joint venture agreement in relation to the international export of palm kernal shells to Japan for the use as biofuel.
- Assisted in the drafting and advising on the preparation of partner agent agreements to be used by a nationwide food delivery service platform for its efficient management and operations.
Equity Fundraising/ Subscription Agreements
- Assisted in preparing of legal documentation in respect of the proposed private equity fundraising for an international health and energy product company based in Malaysia.
- Assisted in the reviewing and drafting of share subscription agreements (both ordinary and preference shares (ICPS and RCPS)).
- Assisted in the legal review of an information memorandum for the private placement of shares in a local public company.
Banking and Financing Documentation
- Assisted in bank loan facility and financing documentations in respect of multiple corporate and personal loans with multiple banks in Malaysia, including the preparation of letters of guarantee, letters of credit, letter of indemnity, consent letter, registration of charges and debentures, letter of release/ drawdown of facility and other miscellaneous documentations.
Shareholders’ and Partnership Agreements
- Assisted in the drafting and giving advice in relation to multiple shareholders’ agreements, whether acting in the interests of the majority shareholder or minority shareholder (mainly assisting with start-ups and newly incorporated companies).
- Assisted in the drafting and giving advice in relation to multiple partnership agreements and limited liability partnership agreements (mainly assisting with start-ups and newly incorporated partnerships/LLPs).
Conveyancing, Real Estate and Corporate Real Estate
- Assisted in the preparation of legal documentation in relation to the sale and purchase of properties in Penang, Malaysia.
- Assisted in the preparation of legal documentation in relation to the transfer of property, perfection of title, and charging and discharging of properties in Penang, Malaysia.
- Assisted in the negotiation and drafting of several land-swap agreements in relation to estate lands in Penang, Malaysia.
Nominee Shareholder/ Director Arrangements
- Assisted in giving advice, drafting and preparing the legal documentation in relation to multiple nominee shareholder/ director arrangements.
Employee Share Option Schemes (ESOS)
- Assisted in giving advice, structuring and drafting the legal documentation in relation to ESOS schemes (including letter of awards) for multiple companies.
Employment Handbooks, Letters and Service Agreements
- Assisted in reviewing and drafting employment and termination letters and employment handbooks for companies of various sizes.
- Assisted in the drafting and giving advice on service agreements for C-Level Executives and higher management staff for multiple companies.
Other Commercial Agreements
- Assisted in the drafting, negotiations, and giving advice in relation to a joint custodian agreement entered into for the management and use of monies and securities in a joint bank account held on trust with a trust company.
- Assisted in the drafting of a merchant agreement to be used for merchant on-boarding on a maternity and childcare focused digital marketplace.
- Assisted in the drafting, negotiations, and giving advice in relation to multiple agency and referral agreements.
- Assisted in the drafting, negotiations, and giving advice in relation to multiple sale and purchase agreements (including sale of machineries, property, land, goods etc.).
- Assisted in the drafting, negotiations, and giving advice in relation to multiple mining rights agreements, for the prospecting of land and mining of mineral ores knowns as iron and tin in several locations in Peninsular Malaysia.
- “Cybersecurity Laws in Malaysia”, OneTrust Data Guidance, November 2019 (co-author)
- “Social Media Laws in Malaysia”, International Social Media Association (contributor), to be published in 2021